Current rental properties available (links):
How to have the best chance of successfully securing a rental property:
- Get in early - Register for automatic notifications of new properties with the main property websites such as realestate.com.au.
- Contact the agent as soon as you see the property advertised and register your interest.
- Arrange to inspect the property as soon as you can or at the first open house.
- Ask for an application and prepare as much of this as you can in advance. Presenting it at the inspection if you like the property.
- Make sure your application is complete. Missing information or not including copies of required documents will slow down your application and perhaps put someone else in front of you.
- Have a conversation with the agent at the open house so they know who you are.
- Agents want to be sure that you will look after the property and pay the rent. Endeavour to establish this in your application and demonstrate good communication skills. This will increase your chances of securing the property.